Phishing is a malicious technique used to steal personal information.
Malicious actors often use the stolen information for theft or blackmail.
To protect your organization, follow a few guidelines:
- Train your users to spot email scams and fake offers.
- Scams often have poor grammar or strange account names.
- Persistent phishing campaigns are common
- Increase end-user awareness whenever your organization is under siege
- When unsure if an email is legitimate, try calling your security team or the organization sending the email before clicking links.