Ransomware is advanced malware designed to take over your computer and encrypt your files – locking you out!
To protect your organization, follow a few guidelines:
- Vigilance in end-user training.
- Teach users to identify suspicious files such as untrusted attachments
- Invest in available security technologies such as:
- Anti-virus software network monitoring web appliance gateways
- Apply the principle of least privilege on your network
- This can reduce the spread of an infection
- Perform regular backups on critical information systems.
- Having a backup allows for quick recovery
- If you are infected, consider isolating and disconnecting the device
- Weigh the risk of data loss, recovery, or paying the ransom