Technology continues to play a critical role in nearly every industry.
To protect your organization from the common pitfalls follow a few guidelines:
- Take the time to motivate and train your employees and coworkers.
- An untrained workforce leads to weak operational security.
- Have a security plan and practice it!
- In the event of a breach, everyone should already know how to proceed.
- Always have secure backups of critical data.
- Recovering from a breach is often made possible by having good backups.
- Encourage your workforce to report suspicious behavior.
- Users often notice strange things by don’t know how or whether to report them.
- Constantly re-evaluate your security posture.
- Environments often change over time and security practices require updating.