The discipline of software testing is changing to align with the automated processes of Agile DevSecOps. Automated testing is executed by running test scripts or scenarios against the System Under Test (SUT) without human intervention. With many types of software (such as U.S. Department of Defense [DoD] applications), a challenging aspect of this testing is generating synthetic data and activity to stimulate the SUT.
Modeling and simulation (M&S) can help by providing representative test data from synthetic actors in a synthetic environment. Building on current M&S tools, a simulation-based testing (SBT) approach can inject synthetic test data into a continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipeline.
This webinar will cover the following SBT-related topics:
- Automated testing best practices
- M&S-as-a-Service (MSaaS) concepts
- Cloud-native SBT system architecture
- Using commercial/government off-the-shelf simulation engines (STK, AFSIM, OneSAF, and NGTS)
- Integrating SBT with a CI/CD toolchain
- Case study showing how SBT can provide regression tests and quality gates